Getting Students Started in 3 Steps
Step 1: Add Students to Your Roster
The Roster makes it easy to create logins, send messages, and manage student activity for all your Learning A-Z subscriptions. Use the Roster to customize passwords, reading levels, incentives, groups, and more for your students.
Create a Roster when you first log in to benefit from product features and ensure students get the most from their personalized learning environment.
- Student passwords may be assigned using an icon or text.
- Groups allow you to organize students according to skill level, interest, or project.
- Incentives can be turned on or off students use to customize their Raz Rocket or Avatar Builder.
Step 2: Student Placement
- If you already know a studentís reading level, select it when adding them to your Roster.
|Entry Point Level||Grade Equivalent||Lexile Range|
- Writing A-Z
Personalize each student's instruction by evaluating their writing according to text types. Because writing levels for students may vary by the type of text, Writing A-Z recommends using approximate grade-level correlations to start each student. Then adjust the level for each student and text type as needed.
- Emergent (pre-kindergarten-kindergarten)
- Beginning (grade 1)
- Early Developing (grade 2)
- Developing (grade 3)
- Fluent (grades 4-6)
Step 3: Communicate Kids A-Z Login Instructions to Students and Parents
Learn more about the Kids A-Z Student Portal at Get to Know the Student Portal.
- Download the personalized Student Login Cards and distribute to students so they can log into the Kids A-Z Student Portal using their username and password, in class or at home.
- Download the Letter to Parents to get parents and guardians started using Learning A-Z products at home. The letter is offered in multiple languages and introduces Learning A-Z product(s) available to students, explains student login instructions, and instructs parents and guardians how they can receive progress reports via email in a variety of languages.